Monday 7 February 2011

Layout win :-D


zHello !
Today's such a good day !
Why you ask ?
Well haven't you noticed ? I finished the new background picture :-D ! I's awesome :-D !
For those of you hat are still unclear as to what I'm on about (-_-) :
BEFORE
AFTER

As I did lots of pixel work for that one and that it's not easy to appreciate it funny on here there's a x2 version for you fellow pixel lovers out there (the idea came from that thing).

Now that new background is made up 100% of previous creations by myself.
I assume nobody will give a crap about the rest of that post but I've spent so long on that thing, it's just for me really, for the good old ego, U know :-P

So there's the list of the files I took stuff from 2 create it :



-My MyOwnMusic animated .gif icons. I got the dancing stickmen, the different sized note logos, the "Peter Whyts" name logos, the mandolines, the grey houses and the yellow bus & train graphics off those.

-An old South Park avatar. I edited the knob board thingy (bottom of the clock, grey, beside the Pokemon avatar) from some typography from the 1.

-DeviantArt animated .gif avatars. I got the 2 exclamation marks on red backgrounds, Pop Skulls, 10x10pix template, small Pokeball, Sableye avatar (very top right of the image) & Frankenstein head from those.

-That old custom made Trainer's Card. I got the big Pokeball & the trainer avatar from it.

-Some old custom made Worms World Party flags ! I got quite a couple of things from those, a couple of worms, the tank, the bird, the fire cobra thing, 2 cars, yeah ...

-Very very old (I might have been 8 when I started those lol seriously !) pixelated bitmaps ! I got almost all of the various cars and yet another Pokeball, the Pikachu, the Ditto, the "Celine" nametags, the space rockets and a couple of other things from 2 of them that are a collection of cars, basically. Then I had a whole collection of pearl crocodiles I'd play with as a kid (true story, kinda like this one but 1000 times cooler, that's right) and I kept a record of them on another bitmap, they each had a little icon and that. I got the crocodile and random icons of those.

-And finally, I've been working on pixel fonts for a looong long time and I put them all together in a document for research purposes for a module on the 1st term, I used that too a tiny but to fill space up with fonts at some point.

I had also ripped icons from this image from eBoy, that image from Paul Robertson's site & a couple more icons from Pokemon games (the item icons for the stuff in the bag, LeafGreen/FireRed onwards). Oh and I copied stuff from my phone's screen also ... Anyways I ended up not using them so it only shows my work and my work only (more genuine, less chances 2 get into trouble lol) but I did get inspired by how the eBoy pic used space fillers.
Basically I used each icon once only throughout the picture EXCEPT for the tiny spaceships here & there (as in 3x4px~5x7px tiny lol) that are from some Star Wars-y bitmap I did a long time ago also, those are space fillers.
Last thing, I kept them all in the same way that they are on the original documents, no horizontal flip or anything. It's the way "kept things simple" as I always do in a way or another in this instance :-P



Anyways so ... yeah :-D

So happy I'm done with it :-)

Andrew mentioned trying to do a solid wallpaper from them all ...
Next step ?
We'll see :-)

Anyways more stuff (and it will be a Flash app this time I almost promise :-D) soon, ciaoies now :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment